Saturday, October 31, 2009

Need to deposite or cash a check in my personal checking account?

Need to deposite or cash a check but not sure how to do it?



I received a check today in my name and my ex-husband%26#039;s name. I happen to never take him off the homeowner%26#039;s insurance policy or advise them of my name change. The check came to Will Smith and Jada Smith, but my name is now just Jada Pickett. Can I put %26quot;for deposite only%26quot; on the back and put it in the ATM machine?



The money is NOT his at all. We split in 2006 and this is for a refund for premums I paid in late 2007 when I changed insurance carriers.



How do I do this? Do I have to ask him to sign the back of the check??? I hate talking to him!!! His dumb @$$ will think he%26#039;s entitled to the money and try to screw me.



Need to deposite or cash a check in my personal checking account?no credit check loan





You need to take his name off the insurance policy. Because his name is listed on the check, his signature is required to deposit the check. Call your bank and explain the situation to them. They may be willing to do the deposit for you. You could also try to sneak the payment in through the ATM but that may be caught and reversed. If all else fails, call the insurance company and ask them to reissue a check in your name only.



Need to deposite or cash a check in my personal checking account? loan



As far as your name, the correct thing to do is sign it twice, once the way it is made out and then once as your name is on the account.



As far as his name: you can put it in the ATM and hope nobody checks the endorsement. I wouldn%26#039;t put %26quot;for deposit only%26quot; on it because that is a special legal term meaning deposit into the account of the payee only, and if his name isn%26#039;t on the account that%26#039;s not what you%26#039;re doing. In reality, probably nobody will look, as it sound like a small amount.|||If the check is from an insurance company it will get returned on your account if it is not signed by all the payees. They check all endorsements. The best thing to do is call your insurance agent or company and have them reissue the check in just your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive