Saturday, October 31, 2009

I need to cash a check but............?

Ok i need to cash a check that I will be receiving as a refund for whatever reason, but the check has the prefix jr. on it altoguht my liscence does not have jr. on it. Will I still be able to cash it? I am a jr. because I have the same name as my dad, but I dont use it because i just don%26#039;t, what do ya think?



FYI I live in Texas, so I have a Texas ID.



For example my name is Thomasito Thomas, but the check says Thomasito Thomas Jr, altoguht my dad%26#039;s name would be Thomasito Thomas too.



I need to cash a check but............?student finance





In general, jr is ignored....it is not a part of your legal name...ever.



However, I am assuming you do not have a bank account of your own?



If that is the case, you want to go to a bank where you have cashed checks before...where they know you. It will make life easier if the check is for more than a couple of hundred dollars.



I need to cash a check but............?

loan



I think it%26#039;s worth trying. Sometimes it depends on the bank and the clerk. If the clerk is nice, he%26#039;ll let you through. Theorectically, it shouldn%26#039;t work, but again, it%26#039;s worth trying. You have nothing to lose. Good luck!|||Take it to a branch of the same bank that the check is drawn on. Bring additional ID with you, anything official that identifies you as Blahditty Blah Jr.



Your best bet would be a copy of your birth certificate or an official school transcript with your full legal name. The birth certificate would be the best if Jr. doesn%26#039;t actually appear in your legal name because it will also list your father%26#039; name and his identifying information, thus proving that you are Mr. Blahditty Blah Jr., son of Mr. Blahditty Blah. Bring your license too, to serve as a photo ID.|||Go to the bank and bring an extra primary ID just in case. Explain to the teller about the check. It really depends on the teller accepting the check (if they%26#039;re understanding or not) and sometimes the amount of the check.



You first have to endorse the back of the check in front of the teller with your name as stated on the check and then sign with your actual name under it. You should be able to cash the check. At least that%26#039;s what I was told during my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive