Saturday, October 31, 2009

How do I report cash wages paid to me in the amount of about $3,000 for the year.?

I was basically living off financial aid but needed a little extra cash. My roommate worked at a bar and would pay me $50 of his tips for coming up at the end of the night and cleaning up, taking out the trash and wiping down the bar. Over the course of the year I estimate I did this about 60 times so I made about $3000. I was not on the payroll of the bar he worked at but I was doing work for the bar (or my roommate) and I was getting paid. I was wondering how to report this. I do have a W2 from another job and was going to file a 1040. Should I included it on there somewhere or do I use a different form.



How do I report cash wages paid to me in the amount of about $3,000 for the year.?refinancing





Show the income on a schedule C-EZ, and use a schedule SE to calculate your self employment tax. The number from the bottom of the C-EZ will go onto line 12 of your 1040. The number from the bottom of the SE will go onto line 58.



How do I report cash wages paid to me in the amount of about $3,000 for the year.? loan



You technically should have gotten a 1099. Regardless it should go on Schedule C since you were a contract laborer and not an employee.|||I see were you say your room mate paid you. You did not work for the bar, but for him. Ask him where your 1099 is for working for him. The bar owes you nothing. However I believe you are out of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive