Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cash register short on money?

I 16 I work at Burger King, as a cash register for the last 2 months now. During the end of my shift, the manager reported they were in short of some money out of my register about $20. And so they are making me pay it. According to manger, he says that they have been missing some money a few times (just told me today).



Why do you think? My question is, how can I resolve this problem? Also how can I isolate the problem, and how can it be prevented?



Cash register short on money?business loan





if you are the only one that has access to the cash during you shift learn to count == if others reliefed you I would look toward tem!!!!



Cash register short on money? loan



Count your till before your shift and count it afterwards. You should be the ONLY person adding and subtracting from the drawer so the only way to be short money is if you give the wrong change. Naturally, the store wants you to cover any shortage because it%26#039;s your fault.|||Hmmm….well, if it%26#039;s not you, the it sounds like you have some sticky fingered co-workers there. I would have a talk with the manager and explain that you would never do anything like that and to see if you guys can come up with some type of way to catch the person who%26#039;s actually doing it (sort of like the way they did on the movie %26quot;Trading Places%26quot; with the marked 100 dollar bill). You can also ask them to look at the tape from the frickin cameras that are supposed to be surveying the area. I hope this helps. Good Luck!|||Count your register with your manager as a witness before you begin your shift. Then if it is short then it%26#039;s someone else%26#039;s problem. Also, if you didn%26#039;t take it then tell them you aren%26#039;t paying it. They have no proof of you taking it so they can%26#039;t do anything. The only thing they can do is fire you. If I were you I would look for a new job and when you get one then quit BK.



If it is a community register where every cashier and their mom has their hands in it then you don%26#039;t have a problem. I hate it when these managers let a bunch of cashiers work one register and then blame one person for a short. I experienced that years ago when I worked those job types.|||Do you keep postive control of your own drawer, or do you share control of it with someone?



Why did you have to be told that there was money missing? You should be balancing your own drawer then you would know that at the end of your shift, not at the end of two months.|||You may want to check with your state dept of labor. Laws in some states don%26#039;t allow employers to collect shortages from minors. Or you have to sign an agreement to pay shortages.



In any event, you should be counting your till and not just relying on the word of the manager, especially if it%26#039;s taking him some time to inform you of the shortage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive