Thursday, June 17, 2010

How low should I offer for a car (paying cash) at dealership?

I am getting my ssd back pay and planning to get a car. I know at carmax they don%26#039;t haggle but my step dad works there and is going to try to find me a good dealon a pt cruiser which i want to buy.



If i dont find one there I did find a dealership that had a few i LOVED and they said come back when you have the cash settlement cause cash talks and make me an offer.



I am bringing my husband and step dad so i dont get screwed but how should I offer say if i car is 11,900?? How much less would they take at a dealership if i dont find one at carmax??



Just curious cause ive never had a nice newer car and never been able to pay cash(check that will be verified) at a dealership...any help would be appreciated.



Thanks



How low should I offer for a car (paying cash) at dealership?bank rate





Most car dealerships have about $3,000 markup on vehicles. they are usally happy to make $500. I have been in the automotive buisness for a long time.



How low should I offer for a car (paying cash) at dealership? loan



Look online to see what similar cars are selling for, see what kelley book is at kbb.com and offer accordingly. Remember, good clean low mileage cars always bring a premium over average.|||the dealers don%26#039;t care if you pay cash or finance it, either way they are getting the money and probably even more if you finance it as they get a kickback from the finance co., just offer them a crazy price for the car and they will let you know real quick if it%26#039;s too low and then they will shoot a price back at you and then you can negotiate from there, you can say, well it needs tires and look at this scratch, just pick the car apart and he will lower his price and you either keep negotiating or walk away, when he lets you walk you know your beating him too badly.|||On a car that is priced at $11,900 I%26#039;d say start off by offering $9k and try to get the car for $10,500 or under.|||first thing is when you find the car you want write down all the options it has, the color and the miles and than go to a site called edmunds.com and follow instructions and they will tell you how much you should pay for the car, than go back to dealer and ask him waht price he will sell it to you ( don%26#039;t tell him your prices until he gives you his ) and if he is close fine if not tell him what price you came up with and will he sell it to you for that amount and if not tell him goodbye and watch as he will call you back to showroom and give you a different prcie and than if close fine and if not tell him this is the price you have and he should sell that to you for it and usually they will.



they all want to sell cars but want top dollar for them so if you have your numbers with you it gives you bargaining power.



also they don%26#039;t really care if you pay cash or not as if you finance they get kick backs from loan companies, that is why you first get a quote from another loan company and bring it with you and when he gives you his and it%26#039;s higher tell them you will go thru your company and than they will say I%26#039;ll check another loan company and again they will either match that or come close.



It%26#039;s basically a game and the more you know beofre you go in the better off you are.



every 2 years I buy one and go thru these steps and have never walked out without a price close to my numbers. takes a little time but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive