Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cash register help?

See, I currently got my job and I work in a pharmacy. Nobody knows how to use the register correctly. What we do is we basically do the math for the change in my head.. I can do the math I just don%26#039;t want to subtract numbers all day. What I would like is some help on how to use the cash register.



Let me give an example of the register.



There are seperate numbers (gray) on the left hand side of the register. I basically enter the amount of the item on the register. In the middle there is numbers (1-10) with an add and subtract key. On the right basically there are other keys which I hit if its an over the counter item or a taxable item. Then last there is the green key which opens the draw after I enter there amount. Does anyone know how to do this so the register will basically do the math for me?



What we do is basically we skip over the add/subt key%26#039;s and just do the numbers in our head. I don%26#039;t really want to do math the whole day since it gets very tiredning. Thanks!



Cash register help?credit counseling





If there%26#039;s a Cash key, or Cash tendered key, that should do it. You may have to put the thing into training mode (if there is one) and just play around with it.



Also, someone there could probably call the company (probably National Cash Register) and give them the model number and serial number... and get a handbook on it.



Cash register help?

loan



Counting change does not take much brain power. you don%26#039;t have to subtract. Is this society doomed to a bunch of retards?|||well, if its like the register we use at Safeway, then you should just scan the item you are selling, that will bring up the price, then enter the amount they are paying with ($ 20, $10) and hit CASH CASH.



but if its not, then I can still help you if you just give me the model of the register. i can probably look it up and figure it out.|||First of all, there should be a spot that you hit that says Cash. The register should do the math for you. If it doesn%26#039;t- instead of sitting there trying to subtract(?) count the change up. Take the total of what their purchase is- then count up to the money that they gave you. Example- their total is 8.45 and they gave you a ten. Start with nickles-give them one- that makes 8.50- then two quarters- that makes 9.00 then a 1 dollar bill- that makes 10. We had to do that with an old fashioned register. Good Luck!



At least you shouldn%26#039;t get bored at work:)|||Isn%26#039;t there a manual around somewhere? I looked at the picture but couldn%26#039;t see up close but say the total is $42.89 and the customer gives you a 50 dollar bill. You type in 50.00 and press the total key and it should give you the amount of your change and the till should open at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive