Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cash Donations - Deduction Question?

I%26#039;m doing my taxes now, and I%26#039;ve calculated i%26#039;ve donated almost $10,000 in cash to the homeless in 2007. Did I need a receipt, to be able to claim this? How would I get a receipt from a homeless person? In all seriousness, do I really need a receipt? To put the donation in context, I made over $500,000 last year.



thnx



Cash Donations - Deduction Question?student loan





if you look on your schedule A you will see that you need another tax form to report this deduction since it is over 500. I would have to say that it would be difficult to get the deduction without a receipt. Goodluck.



Cash Donations - Deduction Question? loan



Ask your CPA.|||If I made over 500G last year I would ask questions like this to my accountant instead of the people here.



If you want to know if you are pretty or pregnant though, this is the place to ask...|||yes but i dont know if they cn give u a reciept then if u made 500,000 last year why the hell would u care about 10,000 that u made in donations to get prob less than 500 back on ur tax returns????? ju forget it and be happy u r doin great deeds good job|||You only need receipts if you%26#039;re audited. Wanna wing it? Go for it. If I were preparing your return, though, I%26#039;d ask if you had receipts--wouldn%26#039;t necessarily want to see them, just ask the question, particularly if you said these were cash donations to %26quot;recognized charities,%26quot; which happens a lot.|||Talk to your accountant, I think you need a receipt for anything over a $500 donation.|||In case you get auditted, yes you will need a receipt. If you are making such a large amount of money and donating that much as well, you may set off some bells and whistles at the good ole%26#039; IRS. Receipts would be the best way to prove that you gave this money to someone. Usually donations are for non-profit charitable organizations, not individual homeless people.|||Yes, you need proof. When you make donations of any size, you keep receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive